FSA Testing Calendar for Students
Please click the blue link below to see our FSA Testing Calendar for April & May!
Please note – For our e-Learning students only, please read below:
Per the Florida Department of Education, no remote administrations are available for any statewide assessments. On the dates listed above on the calendar, your student should report to Daniel Jenkins Academy’s front office between 8:30 – 9:00AM, and must wear an appropriate face mask/face covering. Once testing is complete, the school will contact you to pick your student up from campus.
Please review the following policies with your student before testing:
- Electronic Devices—Students are not permitted to have any electronic devices, including, but not limited to, cell phones, smartphones, and smartwatches, at any time during testing orduring breaks (e.g., restroom), even if the devices are turned off or students do not use them. If your student is found with an electronic device during testing, his or her test will be invalidated.
- Calculators—Calculators are not permitted during Grades 3–6 Mathematics tests.
- Testing Rules Acknowledgment—All tests include a Testing Rules Acknowledgment printed in the student’s test and answer book that reads: “I understand the testing rules that were just read to me. If I do not follow these rules, my test score may be invalidated.” Prior to testing, test administrators read the rules to students, and students acknowledge that they understand the testing rules by signing below the statement in their test and answer book.
- Discussing Test Content after Testing—The last portion of the testing rules read to students before they sign below the Testing Rules Acknowledgment states: “Because the content in all statewide assessments is secure, you may not discuss or reveal details about the test content (including test items, passages, and prompts) after the test. This includes any type of electronic communication, such as texting, emailing, or posting to social media sites.” Please make sure your student understands this policy prior to testing. While students may not share information about secure test content after testing, this policy is not intended to prevent students from discussing testing with their parents/families.
- Working Independently—Students are responsible for doing their own work during the test and for protecting their answers from being seen by others. If students are caught cheating during testing, their tests will be invalidated. In addition, FDOE employs Caveon Test Security to analyze student test results to detect unusually similar answer patterns. Student tests within a school that are found to have extremely similar answer patterns will be invalidated.
- Leaving Campus—If your student leaves campus before completing a test session (e.g., for lunch, an appointment, illness), he or she will notbe allowed to return to that test session. If your student does not feel well on the day of testing, it may be best for him or her to wait and be tested on a make-up day. Please remember not to schedule appointments on testing days.
- Testing Accommodations—If your student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP), a Section 504 plan, or is an English Language Learner (ELL) or a recently exited ELL, please contact the school to discuss testing accommodations.
If you have any questions related to this test administration, please contact Sheri Onorati at 863-421-3267. For more information about the Florida Statewide Assessments program, please visit the portal at www.FSAssessments.org.